找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 617|回复: 0

VOA 11月27日常速新闻简讯(1)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-17 15:19:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Mai Nambuli is still a bit hesitant, but soon she will be the personal nurse for her friend Nosipho Mpama. Mpama has drug-resistant tuberculosis and needs medication injected every day for six months.
梅·楠布利仍然有些许犹豫,但很快她会就会成为自己朋友诺斯费·姆帕玛的私人护士。 姆帕玛患有有抗药性肺结核并且需要为期6个月每天注射药物的治疗。
But she can't make the several kilometer journey to the nearest clinic. “It's difficult to reach the clinic because I'm still weak. I know her as a good RHM, and she is confidential with people's problems," Mpama said.
但几公里到最近的诊所的路途让她为难。 “我去诊所很困难,因为自己仍然虚弱。 但我知道楠布利作为一名很好的乡村卫生发起者,她对人们的问题会很有自信。”姆帕玛说道。
Nambuli was an RHM or Rural Health Motivator. Now she is being trained to be a Community Treatment Supporter, or CTS, by the non-profit group Doctors Without Borders—known in French as MSF for Medecins Sans Frontieres.
楠布利现在是一名乡村卫生发起者,简称RHM。 现在她被被非盈利组织无国界医生组织训练成一位社区治疗援助者,简称CTS,而无国界医生这一组织在法语中被称为Medecins Sans Frontieres,简称MSF。
For her, it was only natural to help her friend. “When she asked me, I felt I had the skills to help her with the treatment until she gets better,” Nambuli said.
对她来说, 能够帮助她的朋友实属天经地义。 “当她问及我的时候,我觉得自己有能力帮助她的治疗,直到她好起来。” 楠布利说道。
The MSF program was launched in 2008 with the idea that if the sick can't travel to treatment, then treatment must be brought to them. In mountainous and remote Swaziland, this promises to help save many lives.
无国界医生组织在2008年推出这样一种想法,如果病人不能自己动身前往治疗,那么治疗就必须带给他们。 在山区和偏远的斯威士兰,这一承诺帮助拯救了许多生命。
But first, the Swazi government had to be convinced to allow MSF to run the project, says MSF Doctor Sidumo Gumbo. “Initially it was a challenge because I mean, even myself, it wouldn't be easy to be treated with someone whom I know is not qualified to do that. But in our case, in our setting, more people are being taught. I mean the benefits I've seen in the support groups, more people actually are getting better,” Sidumo said.
但首先,斯威士兰政府不得不被说服允许MSF开展这一项目,无国界医生斯德莫·古博说道。 “最初这是一种挑战,因为我觉得,即使是我自己,也了解没有资格的人治疗病人不是这么容易的。 但在我们的案例中,在我们的设置中,更多的人正在被训练。 我的意思是我所见到的益处在于团队的支持,很多人实际上境况正在变好。”斯德莫说道。
In Swaziland, MSF has trained about 35 CTS so far, and they have treated more than 200 patients. It's a good start, but with more than 1,000 cases of drug-resistant TB diagnosed here each year, there's is a long way to go.
在斯威士兰, 目前为止无国界医生组织已经培训了大约35名社区治疗援助者,他们已经治疗了超过200名患者。 这是一个好的开始,然而随着这里每年都有超过1000抗药物肺结核病症的出现,仍有很长的一段路要走。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 18:32 , Processed in 0.036650 second(s), 15 queries .