找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 621|回复: 0

父亲的眼睛

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-25 10:29:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
双语导读:对这个世界来说,你可能只是一个人,但对某个人来说,你可能就是整个世界...  
"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the whole world."   
A teenage boy lived alone with his father. The two of them had a very special relationship.  
Even though the son was always "warming the bench," his father was always in the stands cheering. He never missed a football game.  
This young man was still the smallest of the class when he entered high school.But his father continued to encourage him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn’t want to. But the young man loved football and decided to hang in there.  
The son was determined to try his best at every practice, and perhaps he’d get to play when he became a senior.  
All through high school he never missed a practice but still remained a bench warmer all four years. His faithful father always in the stands, always with words of encouragement for him.  
When the young man went to college, he decided to try out for the football team as a "walk-on." Everyone was sure he could never make the cut, but he did. The coach admitted that he kept him on the roster because he always puts his heart and soul to every practice and, at the same time, provided the other members with the spirit and hustle they badly needed.  
The news that he had survived the cut thrilled him so much that he rushed to the nearest phone and called his father. His father shared his excitement and was sent season tickets for all the college games.  
This persistent young athlete never missed practice during his four years at college, but he never got to play in the game. It was the end of his senior football season, and as he trotted onto the practice field shortly before the big play-off game, the coach met him with a telegram.  
The young man read the telegram and he became deathly silent. Swallowing hard, he mumbled to the coach, "My father died this morning. Is it all right if I miss practice today?" The coach put his arm gently around his shoulder and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son. And don’t even plan to come back to the game on Saturday."  
Saturday arrived, and the game was not going well. In the third quarter, when the team was ten points behind, a silent young man quietly slipped into the empty locker room and put on his football gear. As he ran onto the sidelines, the coach and his players were astounded to see their faithful teammate back so soon.  
"Coach, please let me play. I’ve just got to play today," said the young man. The coach pretended not to hear him. There was no way he wanted his worst player in this close playoff game. But the young man persisted, and finally feeling sorry for the kid, the coach gave in.  
"All right," he said, "you can go in." Before long, the coach, the players and everyone in the stands could not believe their eyes. This little unknown, who had never played before was doing everything right.  
The opposing team could not stop him. He ran, he passed, blocked and tackled like a star. His team began to triumph. The score was soon tied.  
In the closing seconds of the game, this kid intercepted a pass and ran all the way for the winning touchdown!  
The fans broke loose. His teammates hoisted him onto their shoulders. Such cheering you’ve never heard!  
Finally, after the stands had emptied and the team had showered and left the locker room, the coach noticed that the young man was sitting quietly in the corner all alone. The coach came to him and said, "Kid, I can’t believe it. You were fantastic! Tell me what got into you? How did you do it?"  
He looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Well, you knew my dad died, but did you know that my dad was blind?"  
The young man swallowed hard and forced a smile, "Dad came to all my games, but today was the first time he could see me play, and I wanted to show him I could do it!"  
有一个男孩,他与父亲相依为命,父子感情特别深。   
男孩喜欢橄榄球,虽然在球场上常常是板凳队员,但他的父亲仍然场场不落地前来观看,每次比赛都在看台上为儿子鼓劲。   
整个中学时期,男孩没有误过一场训练或者比赛,但他仍然是一个板凳队员,而他的父亲也一直在鼓励着他。   
当男孩进了大学,他参加了学校橄榄球队的选拔赛。能进入球队,哪怕是跑龙套他也愿意。人们都以为他不行,可这次他成功了——教练挑选了他是因为他永远都那么用心地训练,同时还不断给别的同伴打气。   
但男孩在大学的球队里,还是一直没有上场的机会。转眼就快毕业了,这是男孩在学校球队的最后一个赛季了,一场大赛即将来临。   
那天男孩小跑着来到训练场,教练递给他一封电报,男孩看完电报,突然变得死一般沉默。他拼命忍住哭泣,对教练说:“我父亲今天早上去世了,我今天可以不参加训练吗?”教练温和地搂住男孩的肩膀,说:“这一周你都可以不来,孩子,星期六的比赛也可以不来。”   
星期六到了,那场球赛打得十分艰难。当比赛进行到3/4的时候,男孩所在的队已经输了10分。就在这时,一个沉默的年轻人悄悄地跑进空无一人的更衣间,换上了他的球衣。当他跑上球场边线,教练和场外的队员们都惊异地看着这个满脸自信的队友。   
“教练,请允许我上场,就今天。”男孩央求道。教练假装没有听见。今天的比赛太重要了,差不多可以决定本赛季的胜负,他当然没有理由让最差的队员上场。但是男孩不停地央求,教练终于让步了,觉得再不让他上场实在有点对不住这孩子。  
   “好吧,”教练说,“你上去吧。”很快,这个身材瘦小、籍籍无名、从未上过场的球员,在场上奔跑,过人,拦住对方带球的队员,简直就像球星一样。他所在的球队开始转败为胜,很快比分打成了平局。  
就在比赛结束前的几秒钟,男孩一路狂奔冲向底线,得分!赢了!  
男孩的队友们高高地把他抛起来,看台上球迷的欢呼声如山洪暴发!   
  当看台上的人们渐渐走空,队员们沐浴过后一一离开了更衣间,教练注意到,男孩安静地独自一人坐在球场的一角。教练走近他,说:“孩子,我简直不能相信,你简直是个奇迹!告诉我你是怎么做到的?”   

男孩看着教练,泪水盈满了他的眼睛。他说:“你知道我父亲去世了,但是你知道吗?我父亲根本就看不见,他是瞎的!”   
“父亲在天上,他第一次能真正地看见我比赛了!所以我想让他知道,我能行!”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 17:29 , Processed in 0.035844 second(s), 15 queries .