仙仙 发表于 2014-12-30 13:08:48

How to argue effectively at work

MPW Insider is one of several online communities where the biggest names in business answer timely career and leadership questions. This week we ask: How do you disagree with your boss? The following answer is by Kathy Collins, Chief Marketing Officer of H&R Block.
   财富》最具影响力女性内部网络(MPW Insider)是一个邀请商界精英及时回答关于职业生涯和领导力问题的在线社区。本周,我们的问题是:与上司观点不一致时怎么办?以下是H&R Block公司首席营销官凯西•柯林斯的回答。
How do I disagree with my boss? Factually, respectfully, and often! My relationship with my boss, our CEO, is one of mutual trust and respect, which is a great place from which to start any disagreement. However, we don’t always see the world – or the potential impact of our decisions – the same way. He tends to make (and expect) quick decisions from the gut, but intelligently. I, on the other hand, tend to “brew” on the alternatives, the potential impacts, the long-term brand effect, and all of the dominoes that may start to fall. But, what’s really important here – is that we have built a culture of safety. Debate is encouraged. Our core value is based on “doing the right thing,” and part of that is a no-blame culture. We make good decisions and bad ones. But we learn from our mistakes, fix them, and move on.
   我是怎样向上司提出反对意见的?那就是:以事实为基础,有礼有节地经常提意见!我与我的上司,也就是公司首席执行官,建立了一种相互信赖和尊敬的关系,因此提出不同意见并不是难事儿。然而,我们并不总是以同样的视角看待世界,或决策的潜在影响。他倾向于根据直觉和智慧迅速做出决定(并期待我们也这么做)。与他相反,我喜欢“筹划”替代方案,掂量决策的潜在影响和长期品牌效应,以及可能导致的多米诺骨牌效应。但真正重要的是,我们已经建立了一种充满安全感,鼓励提出异议的文化。我们的核心价值观建立在“做正确的事”之上,其中的一条就是“不要责备”。我们做的决策有对也有错,但我们总能从错误中吸取教训,改正错误,并继续前行。
In complete transparency, I have a very high EQ – I’m emotionally driven in many aspects of my life. However, when it comes to disagreements with my boss – I turn off the emotion, and take in the facts. Whether it’s numbers, past history, or competitive analysis — I make a point of stressing the business, brand, or financial reason for my debate. That doesn’t mean I won’t become highly animated – but only if it helps my case. And – a little humor never hurts.
   坦率地说,我的情商比较高——在生活中我是一个很感性的人。然而,每当与上司出现分歧时,我都会不带情绪,只诉诸于事实。我在争论中往往强调商业、品牌和财务因素——无论是用数字、历史还是竞争力分析说话。这并不意味着我就很死板——只要这种方式有助于我阐述观点,我也可以很活跃。另外,来点幽默也无妨。
The bottom line is quite simple: I wouldn’t have a job if I didn’t disagree with my boss. None of us would (or should). The best partnerships, the strongest relationships are those in which two people can disagree, but walk away feeling safe and secure. You win some, and you lose some. The real win is in knowing that you have done everything you can to do the right thing, or get the brand/business to the right place.
   我的基本原则很简单:如果我不对上司提出相反意见,那我的工作就没有存在的价值了。这一点对所有人都适用。最好的搭档和最牢固的关系,必须是两个人可以互相提出反对意见,而且对双方的关系仍然感到放心。在某些问题上你会赢,在另一些问题上你会输。但你知道自己已经尽全力做正确的事,或是让品牌和公司走向正确的方向,这才是真正的“赢”。               
                   全文阅读>>>
页: [1]
查看完整版本: How to argue effectively at work