找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2521|回复: 0

3 questions to ask yourself before accepting a job offer

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-8-1 16:38:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A little over five years ago, I thought I had finally found mycalling. I had worked hard to build a consulting business that was not just thriving, but also bringing me challenging, interesting work with terrific agencies. More importantly, I was at a point in my career where I had the time and flexibility to also focus on my life’s passion–advocating for children in Rwanda. I have been traveling to Rwanda for the past nine years to support New Hope Homes, an organization devoted to the care and education of orphaned children.
   大约5年前,我认为自己终于找到了人生目标。我一直在努力打造一家咨询公司,这家公司的事业蒸蒸日上,而且有非常好的客户,总能给我带来具有挑战性而且非常有趣的工作。更重要的是,当时我正处在职业生涯一个绝佳的时期,我有足够的时间和灵活性,这让我可以同时专注于我所热爱的事业——倡导保护卢旺达的儿童。过去9年来,我经常前往卢旺达,支持致力于照顾与教育孤儿的“新希望家庭”组织。
    Then something unexpected happened. What began as a one-day consulting gig with media agency Carat USA, turned into a year of back-to-back projects. It was inspiring and energizing work, but I was committed to my consulting job. But later that year, Nigel Morris, then the CEO of Aegis Media North America (the parent company of Carat USA) asked me to join the company as CMO of North America. I was faced with a tough choice: do I take a chance and leave the consulting business that supported my life and passions so perfectly, or make a change and pursue something uncharted that had incredible potential? When contemplating a make or break moment in your career, remember to ask yourself these three questions:
       后来发生了一件意想不到的事情。我最初为媒体公司Carat USA提供了只有一天的临时咨询服务,后来却变成长达一年的连续项目。这份工作让我深受启发,也倍受鼓舞,但我仍专注于自己的咨询工作。但那一年晚些时候,时任安吉斯媒体(Aegis Media,Carat USA母公司)北美区CEO的尼格尔·莫里斯邀请我加入他的公司,担任北美区CMO。我当时面临一个艰难的选择:冒险离开咨询公司,尽管这份工作让我生活无忧,并且支持我追求自己热爱的事业;或者做出一些改变,去追求有着巨大潜力的神秘未来?面对职业生涯中的决定性时刻,你应该问问自己下面三个问题:
    Will it keep you energized?One of the things I loved about consulting was the opportunity to work with a lot of different agencies and people. This kept my work exciting and innovative as I was constantly faced with new challenges. Fortunately, my new company understood that I needed a dynamic environment to do my best work. We were able to develop a position that allowed me to spend 50% of my time working with Carat, and the other 50% working with other agencies in our network. Problem solved.
       新的机会能否让你保持激情?我之所以喜欢咨询行业,正是因为我有机会接触到不同的公司和人。这让我总是对工作充满激情,不断创新,因为我总是在面对新的挑战。幸运的是,新公司理解我需要一个灵活的环境才能发挥最大的潜力。我们成功创造了一个岗位,如此一来,我可以用50%的时间为Carat工作,其他50%则可以与网络中的其他公司合作。问题解决了。
    Will your coworkers share your values?We often spend more time with our work family than our own families,which is why a company’s values are so important. As a consultant, I had the opportunity to choose who I worked with. But as CMO of Aegis Media, I wouldn’t have the same flexibility. However, after having spent a year working closely with the team at Carat, I knew that I was in good company.
       你的同事是否认同你的价值观?我们与同事在一起的时间,往往要多于陪伴家人的时光,因此公司的价值观至关重要。作为一名咨询师,我有机会选择合作的对象。但作为安吉斯媒体的CMO,我不可能继续拥有这种灵活性。但与Carat团队密切合作一年之后,我坚信自己加入了一家出色的公司。
    Will your voice matter?A few years back, I was given great advice by Catherine Bension, CEO of SRI, an agency search consultancy. She suggested that when weighing whether or not to join a company, you should look at the things that work within the company, and the things that don’t. If you can’t personally make an impact on the things that need to be changed, it’s not the right place for you. When contemplating if I should take the job at Carat, I was unsure if my background at creative agencies would be valued in the media space. Fortunately, they embraced my ideas from the get-go–I knew it was the perfect match.                       
       你说话在公司管用吗?几年前,机构搜索咨询公司SRI的CEO凯瑟琳·本森给我一些建议。她说在考虑是否要加入一家公司之前,你应该研究这家公司的长处与不足。对于那些需要改变的事情,如果你个人无法产生影响,这意味着这家公司并不适合你。在考虑是否接受在Carat工作时,我并不确定自己在创意机构的背景,在广告界是否会受到重视。幸运的是,他们一开始便能接受我的想法——我知道这家公司是我的最佳选择。                       
                   全文阅读>>>
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 17:40 , Processed in 0.036898 second(s), 15 queries .