找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2029|回复: 0

美国人不理解荷兰人的3件事

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-7-4 13:46:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Whenever I visit the US, there are things that baffle me. I mean seriously, why do your public bathroom doors have space on the sides? It’s creepy. Some things about the Dutch though, my friends in the US never believe…
   不管我什么时候来美国,都会有些事情困惑着我。我很严肃的思考这些问题,为什么公共浴室的另一边会有空地?真的让人毛骨悚然。但是荷兰的某些事情,我的美国朋友们也绝不会相信。
1. We are genuinely proud of buying things at a discount
   我们真的会因为买到打折商品而觉得自豪
In any other country, people boast about how much their purchases cost. Not so much in the Netherlands. It doesn’t matter if you life on a minimum wage of make $1.000.000 a year. You love showing off discounts.
   在任何一个国家,人们都会吹嘘他们买的东西有多贵。但是在荷兰不是这样。如果你生活在荷兰一年的最低工资是1000000美元那都没什么。你就爱炫耀折扣。
In any other country:
   在别的国家:
This shirt is awesome, it cost be like $50
   这件T恤很不错,花费50美元
In the Netherlands
   在荷兰
This shirt is awesome, I bought it with a $20 discount!
   这件T恤很不错,我在打折的时候花了20美元。
2. All our universities cost under $2000 a year
   所有的大学花费一年低于2000美元
And we our students consider it high already. Not only that, but any Dutch student can get a low interest loan that covers tuition and living cost. Generally a Dutch student making maximum use of student provisions gets $1000 equivalent in Euros a month.
   我们的同学们都认为那还已经高了。不仅如此,任何一个荷兰学生都可以获得一个低利率贷款来负担学费和生活费。通常来说一个荷兰学生在欧洲一个月最多会用到规定的1000美元。
3. University rankings are not that important
   大学的排名并不那么重要
In the Netherlands an institution needs to have a certain level before it can call itself a university. If it is not up to par, it loses its title.
   在荷兰一个机构需要有一定水平才能被称为一所大学。如果没有达到标准,那就不会有这个头衔。
Whereas in the states university rankings are life or death to your career, the Netherlands doesn’t have this. Sure, some universities specialize in certain subjects, but the level is about the same. Oh, and our education levels greatly top those of the US.
   但是美国的大学会对个人职业生涯起到至关重要的作用,荷兰则不然。当然某些大学会专攻某一学科,但是水平都是差不多的。但是我们的教育水平还是领先于美国这些学校的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:57 , Processed in 0.035326 second(s), 15 queries .