找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1928|回复: 3

Giant Yellow Duck's Creator Not Flattered by Chinese Imitators

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2013-6-14 13:26:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
From fake eggs to faux brand-name handbags, China's enterprising counterfeiters are known for pushing the limits. And ever since Hong Kong installed a 54-foot yellow duck in its harbor, charming millions of fans, they've been especially busy, building a veritable brood of imitation yellow ducks that now dot cities across the mainland.
   从人造鸡蛋到仿冒的名牌手包,中国能量巨大的造假者以善于突破人们的想象力而闻名。自从香港在港口展示了一个54英尺(合16.5米)的大黄鸭并吸引了数百万人参观之后,中国内地的城市就格外忙碌,推出了各种盗版的大黄鸭。
So far, the imitation ducks have sprung up in cities from Dongguan which gave its duck a cartoonish twist, including a blue hair bow and long-lashed, wide eyes to Xi'an, where the city's duck sits rather forlornly behind metal guard gates.
   到目前为止,盗版大黄鸭已经在包括东莞和西安在内的多个城市出现。东莞对大黄鸭进行了卡通化处理,这只鸭子的头上戴着蓝色的蝴蝶结,并且有一双长睫毛的大眼睛,而西安的大黄鸭则被可怜巴巴地关在金属围栏里。
On Friday in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, residents were especially delighted when the state-run Changjiang Daily announced that a giant yellow duck would also soon be visiting.
   上周五,中国中部城市武汉的居民们特别高兴,因为国有的《长江日报》宣布,大黄鸭即将来到武汉。
'Duckie is finally in town! I am drooling just looking at the pictures, ' wrote one user on Sina Weibo, China's popular microblogging service.
   新浪微博的一名用户说,大黄鸭终于要来武汉啦,我光看照片就直流口水。
Many rejoiced that they wouldn't need to make the trek to Hong Kong to visit the duck, which was installed earlier this month as part of a promotion by the Harbour City shopping mall and has been swamped daily by enthusiastic tourists.
   许多人很高兴他们不需要去香港看大黄鸭了。本月早些时候,香港购物中心海港城(Harbour City)展示了大黄鸭,作为其宣传活动的一部分,每天都吸引了大量热情的游客。
But others quickly began to jeer at the news, noting that Hong Kong's duck was slated to stay nested in Victoria Harbour until June 9. The man behind the duck, Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman, had also previously said that its next scheduled stop was in the United States, raising other questions.
   但是另外一些人很快开始质疑这个消息,他们指出,香港的大黄鸭将展出到6月9日。大黄鸭的设计师、荷兰艺术家霍夫曼(Florentijn Hofman)此前曾说,大黄鸭的下一站是美国,这也引发了对武汉大黄鸭真实性的一些质疑。
'Those shanzhai ducks are ridiculous, ' commented one user on Weibo. Shanzhai is a slang Chinese term that refers to knock-offs, though it isn't necessarily pejorative.
   微博上的一名用户说,那些山寨鸭太可笑了。山寨是中国人指代仿制品的用词,但不一定含贬义。
According to Changjiang Daily, the Wuhan duck is being brought as part of an arrangement brokered between Chinese real-estate developer Country Garden and the duck's copyright owner. The paper did not specify who the copyright owner is, but described the yellow duck as already having traveled to 'more than 10 countries, ' similar to Mr. Hofman's duck, which has toured cities from Sydney to São Paulo.
   按照《长江日报》所发微博的说法,这只大黄鸭是武汉碧桂园和大黄鸭的版权方协商安排的。微博没有具体说明大黄鸭的版权方是谁,但说这只大黄鸭已经造访10多个国家。这与霍夫曼的大黄鸭差不多,这只大黄鸭已经在悉尼和圣保罗等一些城市展出。
Reached by phone on Friday, Mr. Hofman said he had not made any agreements with Country Garden.
   上周五,记者通过电话联系了霍夫曼。霍夫曼说,他没有与碧桂园达成任何协议。
'The rumors are false, ' he said. 'If people want the real duck, they have to come to me.'
   他说,传闻是假的,如果人们想要看真正的大黄鸭,他们应该来找我。
While imitation may be the most earnest form of flattery, Mr. Hofman said he wasn't at all amused by China's sudden overpopulation of giant ducks.
   尽管模仿可能是最大的恭维,霍夫曼说,中国一下子冒出这么多大黄鸭,他一点也没觉得有趣。
'I've always said the rubber duck is a yellow catalyst, ' he said. 'Right now what it is showing is that there is a lack of trust in China, and that is an enormous problem.'
   他说,我总是说橡皮鸭是一个黄色的催化剂,现在它显示出,中国缺乏信任,这是一个非常大的问题。
'If I was a Chinese person, I would revolt. I would really revolt, ' the duck's original creator said. 'This kills society, this kind of behavior.'
   这名大黄鸭的设计者说,如果我是中国人,我会反感,我真的会很反感,这种行为会毁掉社会文化。
Mr. Hofman said the only place to see his original giant yellow duck at the moment is in Hong Kong, a city that lately has become a popular destination for mainland Chinese shoppers seeking products that might otherwise be of more dubious provenance in China, from Prada to milk powder.
   霍夫曼说,目前唯一能看到他的原创大黄鸭的地方就是香港。香港最近已经成为中国内地购物者的目的地,他们购买从普拉达(Prada)到奶粉在内的产品,因为这些产品在中国内地可能来源不明。
On Friday, Sheng Honglian of Country Garden invited reporters from China Real Time to visit the Wuhan duck in person, but she declined to comment on whether the duck was an authentic installation by Mr. Hofman.
   上周五,碧桂园的盛红莲(音)邀请“中国实时报”栏目的记者亲自参观了武汉的大黄鸭,但是她拒绝评论这只鸭子是否是霍夫曼设计的正品。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 15:03 , Processed in 0.045572 second(s), 15 queries .