找回密码
 注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 614|回复: 0

VOA 11月13日常速新闻简讯(1)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-17 15:23:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It may look like another work day in Los Angeles. But the future is now a little brighter for Philippine immigrant and student Justin DeToro:
似乎这只是洛杉矶寻常的工作日, 但是对于菲律宾移民和学生Justin Detoro来说,他的未来好像更加明亮了:
“Tuitions are going up. So I’m really worried about what my future is. But Obama being president gives me higher hope.”
“学费上涨, 我真的很担心我的将来, 但是奥巴马连任给了我更高的希望。”
Detoro, like many immigrants in Los Angeles, is undocumented. These immigrants can not get federal financial aid for school and can not work here legally.
像其他在洛杉矶的许多移民一样, Detoro是非法入境的。 这些移民不能获得联邦财政的读书援助,也不能在洛杉矶合法工作。
They support Mr. Obama and hope he will reform the immigration policy over the next four years.
他们支持奥巴马连任,希望他在未来4年里将改革移民政策:
“That he accomplishes the “Dream Act”. So that all like, all the students that are immigrants can actually have their papers now.”
非法移民Sarah:“他颁布了“梦想法案”, 现在所有的移民学生都可以通过该法案成为合法公民。”
While immigration is an important issue among Latinos, Sarah Martinez and many immigrants from other countries agree on what should be first on President Obama’s agenda.
虽然移民问题对拉丁裔移民很重要,但是Sarah Martinez与来自其他国家的许多移民都认为, 奥巴马最急需解决的问题是经济:
“Economy, first of all, you know. I think that he needs to fix the economy.”
“首先当然是经济, 我认为奥巴马首先需要治理经济。”
“I know it’s going to be hard, but hopefully there will be some progress.”
“我知道这并不容易,但是我对奥巴马取得进展充满希望。”
Peter Wang voted for Mitt Romney.
Peter Wang在大选中投票支持米特·罗姆尼:
“I was thinking of a change after four years to start leading the United States from another perspective.”
“我是想在奥巴马的四年任期之后,我们需要有个改变,需要从另一个方向来引导美国前进。”
But Wang says he is not too disappointed his candidate did not win the election. He can see a benefit to Mr. Obama being President, especially on the world stage.
但是Wang说, 罗姆尼输掉大选对他来说并不是非常难过的事情。 他认为奥巴马当选具有其他的好处,特别是从世界的舞台上来看:
“He’s the first Black President. So from a race perspective, the world can see that the United States is a truly democratic country. Regardless of whether it’s Whites or Blacks, they can all be President as long as they have the support of the citizens.”
“他是第一位黑人总统, 因此从种族角度来说,整个世界能够看到美国是一个真正民主的国家, 不管是黑人还是白人,只要能够得到人民的支持,他们都可以成为国家总统。”
President Obama will have four more years to implement policies that many citizens and immigrants hope will make the United States a better place for them and their children.
奥巴马总统将再次拥有四年时间来执行他的政策,许多美国公民和移民都希望他的政策能够让他们自己和下一代过上更好的生活。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 17:37 , Processed in 0.049898 second(s), 15 queries .