注册入学

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 936|回复: 0

智慧之言+哲理人生

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-13 09:34:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
智慧之言+哲理人生
1. It is well to remember that possibly the greatest strength of humanity is its diversity, and that its strongest bond lies in mutual respect.    最好记住,人类最大的长处可能是他的多样化,而最强的纽带则在于相互尊重。
2. The desire to be well thought of makes people reluctant to say no to anyone regarding anything. We should cultivate an ability to say no to activities for which we have no time, no talent, and in which we have no interest or real concerns. If we learn to say no to many things, then we will be able to say yes to things that matter most.    为赢得他人对自己的好感,人们不愿意对任何人有关任何事情说“不”。我们应该培养一种能力,对那些我们没有时间,缺乏 能力做得事情,不感兴趣或不关心的事情说“不”。如果我们学会了对许多事情说“不”,那么,我们将能够对很重要的事情说“是”。
3.You're never too heavy for your mother to bear. But try, as you get older, to swap roles once in a while.
    母亲从不觉得孩子是负累。不过,在你长大以后,不妨偶尔试着交换一下角色。
4.Take the word "family". Strike out the "m" for mother and the "y" for youth--and all you have center is fail.
    看看“家庭”(family)这个字眼吧。划去代表“母亲”(mother)的“m”和代表“青春”(youth)的“y”——你就只剩下了“失败”(fail)了。
5. A mother is one through whom God whispers love to his little children. And, yes, sometimes that voice can rise above a whisper,but only because you're not listening.
    上帝通过母亲向孩子们悄声传达他的爱。还有,对了,有时这声音很响亮,只因你没有倾听才认为“爱”是在悄悄传达。
6.爱,永远禁不起等待
    Don’t wait to show your charitable face until a smile has come.
    不要等到了一个笑容才面露慈爱。
    Don’t wait to love until you have been loved.
    不要等到被爱了以后,才去爱别人。
    Don’t wait to know the value of friends until you have felt lonely.
    不要等到寂寞了,才明白朋友的价值。
    Don’t wait to know your mistakes until others have been hurt.
    不要等到别人受伤了,才明白自己的过错。
    Don’t wait to win back until you have broken up.
    不要等到分开了,才想到去挽回。
7. At times, although one is perfectly right, one's leg tremble; at other times, although one is completely in the wrong,birds sing in one's soul.人有时虽然完全正确,双腿却不免颤抖;而有时虽然完全错了,却内心欢畅。
8. In a few generations more, there will probably be no room at all allowed for animals on the earth: no need of them, no toleration of them. An immense agony will have then ceased, but with it there will also have passed away the last smile of the world's youth.几代人之后,也许根本就不再有动物存在的空间:人们不再需要它们,也不再忍受它们。那时,一种剧烈的痛苦将已停止,而地球的青春的最后微笑也将随之逝去。
9. S.Leonard Rubenstein, on the skill of honesty:Intention is not enough. The honest man suspects himself always. He knows honesty is a skill that must be exercised always. Most of us want to be honest, few know how. All men know their reactions; few men can identify what they are reacting to. The skill of honesty is to hold one's reaction at bay in order to discover what is causing it. The skill is difficult.
   S.伦纳德*鲁宾斯坦谈如何诚实处世:光有诚实的愿望是不够的。诚实的人总怀疑自己。他们懂得诚实处世是一种技巧,必须反复练习才能熟练掌握。大多数的 人都很想做到诚实处世,但是知道怎样去做的人并不多。所有的人都会对事物作出反应,但是对他们作出反应的事物能够识别的却不多。诚实处世的技巧在于,在弄 清事物的性质之前不要急于作出反应。这是个很难掌握的技巧。
10.Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce.They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character.
记住,头脑和学识像肌肉和身体机能一样,都是商品,可以买卖,你也可以按年或者按小时雇佣它们。世界上唯一不能买卖的是人的人格。
11.  I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was center,regardless of what the world thought.
    我很感激,我的信仰给了我勇气和力量,让我可以不顾一切的去做自己认为正确的事。
12. At those moments in time when you are tested, it is absolutely essential that you be grounded in your faith.
    在受到考验的时候,坚定自己的信仰是相当重要的。
13. Workplace friendships are like a double-edged sword. The benefits of a friendly workplace can be really positive, but organizations should be aware of the potential difficulties and how to manage friendships at work.
    职场友谊就像一把双刃剑。工作单位友好团结,绝对是件好事,但单位要意识到这种现象的潜在问题以及如何管理好这种友谊。
14.    Respondents also experienced a great deal of anxiety about speaking to close friends about substandard work. A basic rule of friendship is being non-judgemental and accepting your friends' weaknesses, but giving critical performance feedback conflicts with this.
    受访者表示,与好朋友谈论自己工作不达标的问题时心里也感到十分不安。友谊的一个基本原则是不评判朋友、接受他的缺点,而对朋友的工作表现提出批评性的反馈意见则与此相矛盾。
15.I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?
    我相信人应该就象每天都是最后的日子那样生活,这可以解释为什么我没有干净衣服——因为,得了吧,谁在生命的最后几天里还想洗衣服?
    注:充分利用自己的长处,享受生活。
16.Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and you stand alone.
    微笑,世界和你一起微笑;放屁,你独自站在一边。
    注:人们愿意和你一起分享快乐,并不一定愿意分担你的痛苦。
17.The six most important words are " I  admit I made a mistake." The five most important words are " You did a good job." The four most important words are " What is your opinion ?" The three most important words are "If you please ." The two most important words are "Thank you ." The least important word is " I ".
    六个最重要的字是“我承认我错了”。五个最重要的字是“你干得很好”。四个最重要的字是“你的意见?”三个最重要的字是“随你愿”。两个最重要的字是“谢谢”。最不重要的字是“我”。
18. Bear with evil, and expect good.
    忍受邪恶,才能盼到光明。
19. Kindness are easily forgotten; but injuries!——What worthy man does not keep those in mind?
    善言易被忘记,而恶言常存在心!—— 有哪位聪明的人不谨以为记?
20. Crime expands according to our willingness to put up with it.
    犯罪随着我们对其姑息的程度而增长。
21. Perfect courage is to do without witnesses what one coulg be capable of doing with the world looking on.
    完美的勇敢是无人在场的情况下做出一个人在全世界的瞩目中所能做到的。
22.  Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish saying it.
    在婚前,一个男人会整个晚上醒着,躺着在那里想你说过的一些事情;在婚后,他在你说完以前就睡着了。
23.    One of the oldest human needs is having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night.
    人类自古以来就有这样的需要,需要有人在你深夜不归时翘首以待。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册入学

本版积分规则

联系我们|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|滚动|柠檬大学 ( 京ICP备13050917号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 08:48 , Processed in 0.033098 second(s), 15 queries .